Monday, December 12, 2011

Music, Christmas, and peace on Earth

I just sat back to realize how incredibly close we are getting to Christmas and how I haven't really listened to any Christmas music unless it is while shopping in a store. I used to make a habit of listening to crooners singing Christmas music weeks before the actual holiday.

I think that many times we miss out when we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life. We forget to enjoy the simple things such as sitting by the Christmas tree and listening to music, or even taking time out to blog (which I was going to skip today, but decided that it would be best not to).

I enjoy sitting in the quiet of my house listening to it's little creaks and moans, entertaining the little sounds that mean all is at peace in my home. It brings a type of joy to one's life to realize that not everything is work and stress; that deadlines don't always have to be end all.

In another note, I did hear a very strange Christmas song that thoroughly disturbed me. It's about a girl who haphazardly gives her heart away to a different guy every Christmas. It's unusual to say the least. If you hear it, just chuckle, I'm not sure how much thought went into writing that song.

No comments:

Post a Comment